Send and Receive Money locally or around the globe within minutes via Western Union at a Co-op bank branch.
We are an authorised agent for Western Union services. These services can be accessed from any of our 140+ branches countrywide.
How do I send money via Western Union?
- Visit the nearest Co-operative bank branch.
- Complete a simple money transfer form where you will indicate: the amount you wish to send, destination country, and the name of the person you intend to send to.
- Give the teller the completed form with the applicable funds (including transaction fee). Pay with cash or you may debit your Co-op bank account.
- The agent/teller will process the transaction and give you a receipt and MTCN number for the transaction
- Contact the person receiving your money transfer and let them know the transfer has been done and provide the MTCN for them to receive the money.
- Save your receipts for the record.
How Do I receive money via Western Union?
- Request for the MTCN (tracking number) - The person sending you money will receive a tracking number when the transaction is completed. Ask them for the MTCN to make it easier and faster to pick up your money.
- Visit your nearest Co-op bank branch- Take your MTCN and your national Identity card, a valid passport or a government issued ID to pick up your money.
- Complete the 'receive' form - A receive form is available at our branches countrywide.
- Show your identification
- Once verified, you will receive your money (usually in local currency (Kenya shillings) )
Important: Your name on the transfer record must exactly match your name as it appears on your ID. Otherwise you may be delayed or be unable to pick up your funds.
You can also receive funds directly into your account or to your mobile wallet if the sender indicated so when sending the money.