HELB Smart Card
Enjoy convenience by accessing your money through the Co-op Bank HELB Card
The HELB Smart Card is a pre-loaded card that allows college students easy access to their money. The card is also used to make purchases and/or withdraw cash from any VISA Branded ATMs countrywide as well as Co-operative Bank agents.
The card is issued to the student and is linked centrally to a sponsoring university/college. In addition, the card is used to access HELB disbursements. Sponsors and students can also load funds into the card at Co-op branches, Co-op Kwa Jirani agents, Co-op Banks ATMs, and MCo-op Cash.
The card’s features include the following:
- Multi-wallet card with 3 wallet accounts (Tuition, Upkeep & VISA)
- The student’s names
- The university’s name and logo
- The student’s photo
- The student’s course
- The student’s registration number
- Access barcode at the back of the card
- Usage at any VISA branded ATMs and POS terminals worldwide
- The card will be Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled
- Ability to receive funds from other sources like HELB
- Reloadable on the VISA wallet
Benefits to Cardholders
- Better budgeting and planning tool
- Several transaction access points, for example, Co-op ATMs, Agents, VISA branded ATMs and Merchants
- Ease of use anywhere/availability
- Flexibility of disbursements
Benefits to the University/College
- Operational efficiency, that is, admissions, library services etc.
- Access controls within campus, that is, access to library, exam rooms etc.
- Dedicated relationship support
- Convenience for students
- Ease of implementation
- Account monitoring and reconciliation for the card accounts
- Call centre support services
- Duly signed application/contract agreement between the University and Co-op Bank
- Signed mass data upload instructions for all prospective cardholders by the University