You do not have to be a Co-op Bank customer to own a Co-op Pre-paid Card!
A pre-paid card is a payment card loaded with money to make purchases anywhere that a debit or credit card is accepted including ATMs, POS, mobile money, online, abroad etc.
Our pre-paid cards are EMV compliant (having both chip and magnetic stripe) and all transactions are verified and authorized via a two factor authentication, that is, card and PIN/signature.
Co-op Bank pre-paid cards include:
- Co-op Pay
- HELB Student Smart Cards
- Sacco Pay
With a Pre-paid card you can:
- Make purchases in person, online, or by phone
- Give gifts to friends and family
- Withdraw cash from an ATM or bank
- Receive wages or funds by direct deposit to the card
- Pay bills
HELB Student Smart Cards
The HELB Smart Card is a pre-loaded card that allows college students easy access to their money. The card is also used to make purchases and/or withdraw cash from any VISA Branded ATMs countrywide as well as Co-operative Bank agents.
The card is issued to the student and is linked centrally to a sponsoring university/college. In addition, the card is used to access HELB disbursements. Sponsors and students can also load funds into the card at Co-op branches, Co-op Kwa Jirani agents, Co-op Banks ATMs and MCo-op Cash.
- Card features include the following:
- Multi-wallet card with 3 wallet accounts (Tuition, Upkeep & VISA)
- The student’s names
- The university’s name and logo
- The student’s photos
- The student’s course
- The student’s registration number
- Access barcode at the back of the card
- Usage in any VISA branded ATMs and POS terminals worldwide
- The card will be Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled
- Ability to receive funds from other sources like HELB
- Reloadable on the VISA wallet
Benefits to Cardholders
- Better budgeting and planning tool
- Several transaction access points e.g. Co-op ATMs, agents, VISA branded ATMs and merchants
- Ease of use anywhere/availability
- Flexibility of disbursements
- Duly signed application/contract agreement between the University and Co-op Bank
- Signed mass data upload instructions for all prospective cardholders by the University
General Safety Information
- DO NOT share your PIN
- DO NOT write your PIN on the card or anywhere else
- Keep your card safe at all times