Local Visa Classic Card
This is a Visa Credit Card designed for anyone who wants to access credit and use it only within Kenya.
The card allows you the convenience of settling bills such as hospital, legal, air tickets, restaurants, etc., without the risk of carrying hard cash.
Visa Global Customer Assistance Service
If your Visa card has been stolen or gets lost, Visa Global Customer Assistance Services representatives can:
- Block your account from fraudulent purchases within 30 minutes.
- Arrange for a replacement card to be sent to you within 3 working days.
- Provide for emergency cash to be collected from 270,000 locations worldwide.
You may place a collect call from anywhere in the world to +1 303 967 1090
- Global Cardholders Assistance Services
- SMS notifications whenever your card is used
- Worldwide acceptance at more than 24 million locations
- Can be used to settle payments online
- Ability to move funds from your credit card to MCo-op Cash and make mobile money payments (for cards linked to MCo-op Cash)
- Emergency services with Visa’s Global Customer Assistance Service (GCAS) which offers assistance with lost or stolen card reporting, emergency card replacement, emergency cash advance and cardholder enquiry service
- No joining fee
- Free monthly email statements
- Free access to our 24 hour authorisation and helpline
- Interest free period of up to 50 days
- Option of paying the full amount due or only 10% of the total amount spent or Ksh 2,000 (whichever is greater) and roll over the remainder
- It allows a cash advance equivalent to Ksh 10,000 per day, but not exceeding 50% of your total limit. This is subject to availability of funds.
For salaried applicants
- For salaried applicants
- Three months current and certified bank statements
- Original ID and a copy or passport and a copy
- Copy of PIN certificate
- Copy of most recent pay slip
- One passport size photo, coloured
For self-employed applicants
- Certified copy of National ID
- Certified copy of KRA PIN Certificate
- One passport size photo
- Applicant with no borrowing history must have banked with Co-operative Bank consistently for the last one year or cash secure the card
General Safety Information
- DO NOT share your PIN
- DO NOT write your PIN on the card or anywhere else
- Keep your card safe at all times