CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (REF: CEO/09/21)
Job expires on September 22, 2021
Our client, a tier 2 Deposit Taking Sacco regulated by the Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) and based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a qualified and professional Chief Executive Officer with high synergy to meet the SACCO’s set goals and objectives.
**JOB PURPOSE **
The job holder ensures to provide day-to-day leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure efficient and effective implementation of SACCO’s strategic plan.
Gives guidance to the Board of Directors on various policy matters as well as manage the staff in a competent and business manner in order to achieve the SACCO’s objectives.
**Job Type: Contract – Three (3) Years**
**1. Duties & Responsibilities**
The job holder will be responsible to the Board and overall management of SACCO activities as follows:
– To be responsible for the implementation of the SACCO’s Strategic Business plans.
– To be responsible for implementation of and adherence to the policies, procedures and standards.
– To be responsible for the SACCO’s investments and management of balanced investment portfolio.
– To be responsible for the management, development & maintenance of high-performance team by providing transformative leadership & effective supervision, guidance and initiating training of staff and members under your jurisdiction.
– To be responsible for the SACCOs financial & operational planning, forecasting and budgeting and be able to conceptualize and explain variances.
– To be responsible for prudent management of costs so as to achieve business growth as outlined in the strategic plan.
– To be responsible for supporting Board’s decisions making preparation, analysis & presentation of comprehensive, timely, reliable and compliant financial reports.
– To ensure effective implementation of financial, operational & accounting policies and procedures.
– To prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly reports on performance of the entire SACCO’s Key Result Areas to the board and advises accordingly.
– To ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements of the SACCO & be able to propose changes to the Board such as SACCO ACT, Rules, By-laws, SASRA ACT, Cooperative rules.
– To cause to develop and provide high quality products and efficient services which are value-adding to members so as to enhance market share and revenue command of the SACCO.
– To provide support to the Board of Directors by organizing all Board and Sub Committee meetings, Annual and Special General Meetings and Supervisory meetings as and when required.
– To build and develop high motivated team of employees through embedding performance development and couching through identification of staff training needs and enshrine them in the training and education programs of the society.
– To develop and operate a financial services network of branches based on assessment from relevant officials – on quality member service, innovative savings, loan products and introduction of new business opportunities.
– To promote the SACCO’s corporate image by representing the society in a professional manner at all times.
– To attend and participate in Board meetings, seminars and conferences at all levels to keep informed of the developments affecting the SACCO movement and business environment in general.
– To support the Board of Directors in developing Strategic Plan upon which other SACCO plans will be hinged to drive the vision and mission of the SACCO business into the future.
– To implement, without delay, all recommendations from Government regulatory bodies, BOD, internal and external audit reports and consultants based on agreements arrived at with Board.
– To cause to ensure correctness of books of accounts, receipts and disbursements are well maintained.
– To ensure safe custody of all funds, documents and property belonging to the SACCO and ensure their safe keeping.
– To keep minutes of all general meetings and meetings of the Board of Directors
– To prepare, approve, authorize and sign all official correspondence of the SACCO.
– To be a signatory to SACCO Society cheques, contracts and other documents as may be necessary.
– To perform such other duties as may be directed by the Board of Directors.
**IMPACT OF RESULTS **
– Effective and efficiency overall planning, administration, coordination and evaluation of all functions of the SACCO.
**2. Qualifications & Experience**
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business Development related field or its equivalent.
– A master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
– A minimum of fifteen (15) years working experience in a Deposit taking SACCO and/or financial institution, 10 years working experience at a senior management level.
– Knowledgeable in SACCO business model and other operational issues.
– Accounting certification CPA – K/ACCA will be an added advantage.
– Knowledge in SACCO business model & other operational issues of the Sacco.
– Good analytical, Communication and writing skills.
– Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
– Change Agent – Introducing and implementing institutional changes and installing organizational development programs in regard to SACCO matters.
– Must possess high degree of integrity.
– Strategic thinking and result oriented.
– Track record of good management and development skills.
– Knowledge in Financial Accounting Reporting.
– Ability to network with stakeholders.
**GENERAL REQUIREMENTS **
– Planning & Organizing
– Entrepreneurial Awareness
– Decisiveness and adaptability
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST FULFILL THE REQUIREMENTS AS PER CHAPTER SIX OF KENYAN CONSTITUTION
They should immediately initiate clearance from the following bodies as they shall be a requirement to be presented at the interview stage for successful candidates:
– Police clearance certificate (Certificate of Good Conduct).
– Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
– Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
– Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
**How to apply**
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to click on the link below and fill out the online application form and submit by 29th September 2021. Any applications received after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 22nd October 2021, consider your application as unsuccessful.