Co-op Consultancy & Bancassurance Intermediary Limited (CCBI)
Chief Teller REF: (ES/CT/02/23)
Job expires on February 3, 2023
Our client, a licensed deposit-taking Sacco headquartered in Nairobi, is seeking to recruit qualified and highly motivated individuals to fill the position of Chief Teller.
The individual will be reporting to the Branch Manager and will be responsible for custody, disbursement, and receipt of cash to/from customers as well as transfers, standing orders, and ATM application processes.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include but shall not be limited to:
- Receive and count working cash at the beginning and end of the shift
- Accept cash and checks for deposit and check the accuracy of the deposit slip
- Process cash withdrawals
- Perform specialized tasks such as updating daily journals, attending to customers diligently, and doing random checks on notes’ validity
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately, and in compliance with SACCO procedures
- Manage the cash level and advice for replenishment
- Balance cash and checks in the cash drawer at end of each shift
- Reconciling payment and receipts at the end of each business day or as when required
- To surrender the end of shift Teller’s reconciliation alongside payment and deposit vouchers to the Branch Manager and get copy upon being signed
- Customer care and handling customer queries
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (K).
- Working experience with MS dynamics Navision
- Member of ICPAK in good standing.
- 3 years experience working as a cashier/teller
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to click on the link below and fill out the online application form and submit it by 3rd February 2023. Any applications received after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 24th February 2023, consider your application as unsuccessful.