Frequently asked questions
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
- HOW DO I OPEN A PERSONAL ACCOUNT WITH CO-OP BANK?
To open a current bank account in Kenya at Cooperative bank, you would need to visit a Coop-bank branch near you with the following:
-An identity card or passport (both original and copy)
– Minimum opening balance where applicable
- HOW CAN I RETRIEVE MY CARD’S PIN IF I FORGET OR LOSE IT?
One should either go to the branch at the self-service area for assistance or call our Contact Centre to have the PIN reset.
- AFTER HOW LONG WILL MY ACCOUNT BE ACTIVATED AFTER MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS?
– An account is usually activated the same day a customer applies.
– Cards are issued instantly unless advised otherwise
– In case of any delays, the customer should contact their branch for more information
- DO YOU OFFER SALARY ADVANCES? IF SO, WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
– Yes, the bank gives salary advances.
– A salary advance is similar to a loan. One must present their pay slips, ID card, KRA PIN Certificate and a consent letter from their employer.
- HOW CAN I CHECK MY CO-OP BANK ACCOUNT BALANCE
There are 3 ways in which you can check your Co-op bank account balance. They are:
By visiting a Co-op Kwa Jirani agent near you and asking them to inform you of your bank account balance.
By visiting the ATM and using your debit card to check your balance.
Balance enquiry through *667#
1. Dial *667# and call
2. Enter your Mcoopcash Pin (4 digits)
3. Reply with Option 1. Account enquiry
4. Then select option 1. Balance
5. Select account to query. Your balance will be displayed.
- How to Withdraw Money from Coop bank to Mpesa
Send Money from Account to Mpesa/Airtel Money
1. Dial *667# and call
2. Enter your Mcoopcash Pin ( 4digits)
3. Select option 2. Send money
4. Select Option 1. To mobile money
5. Choose the service provider
6. Select the number to send to (either own or others)
7. Select account to debit
8. Enter amount and confirm.
- HOW TO ACTIVATE A DORMANT ACCOUNT
To activate your dormant account, visit any of our branches and carry your National ID and KRA pin
- BANK SWIFT CODE AND BANK CODE
The swift code for Co-operative Bank is KCOOKENA. The Bank code is 11000
- HOW CAN I DEPOSIT MONEY FROM MPESA TO A CO-OPERATIVE BANK ACCOUNT?
You may use the below steps to transfer funds from your Mpesa to a Co-op account:
– Go to Mpesa Menu
– Select Lipa na Mpesa
– Select Pay Bill
– Input the Business number as 400200
– Input the account number: Type (do not copy and paste) the 14 digits of your account number begin with 011*****
– Input the amount you are transferring
– Input your Mpesa PIN
– Confirm and send
A successful transaction will be confirmed by SMS from Mpesa and Co-op bank
- HOW CAN I REACH THE CO-OP BANK DIASPORA BANKING TEAM?
To engage our diaspora banking team, send an email to email@example.com
- HOW DO I REGISTER FOR ONLINE BANKING?
Online banking will enable you to access your balance, statements and do fund transfers from the comfort of your home. To self-register, you should have a valid ATM card and a registered email address on your account. You may use this link to register https://retail-onlinebanking.co-opbank.co.ke/. Click on Personal Internet Banking then click on register and follow the prompts.
You can also register for the online banking service at any of our branches
- HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN YOUR ONLINE BANKING USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
To reset your password, click on forgot password
To reset your username, click on forgot username